You will be in charge of the price setting process of a leading e-tailer in Europe. Not for a couple of hundred products in one country, but for more than 100k products delivered in multiple European countries. To optimally support you in this position, Office Depot is currently investigating the possibilities for software support in the price setting process. This is your chance to support this process first hand, and subsequently configure, monitor and optimize the pricing tool further. In addition, you will support the business in revenue optimization opportunities and evaluate profitability across the whole business. You will cooperate amongst others with category management, sales, marketing and business intelligence on topics like base price optimization and promotional effectiveness. Your activities include:
- Leading role in the implementation and adoption of price setting software within Office Depot;
- Support the business in optimally use the new software solution going forward;
- Participate in revenue optimization projects and provide pricing knowledge based on your pricing knowledge and analysis;
- Conduct structural pricing analysis to monitor price realization on for example product groups and convert the data into relevant insides;
- Pro-actively share these insides with relevant internal stakeholders, including senior management;
- Define relevant pricing policies to continuously improve our pricing maturity, for example promotion policies.
- Conduct market and competitive intelligence analyses as needed to provide a holistic assessment to evaluate risks or opportunities impacting pricing strategies;
- Develop a Pricing Center of Excellence supporting organizational process and tools & metrics and best practices to facilitate decision support;
- Lead Pricing Committee meetings to align pricing and revenue performance decisions with relevant internal stakeholders. Set up pricing policies that support business goals;
- Develop and implement comprehensive communication strategies to educate sales, category management and other business partners about pricing best practices.