As a Mechanical Engineer at Weir Minerals, you will work with various teams to ensure that our HPGR or pumps are designed in an innovative, safe and efficient way. You will design our HPGR or pumps according to specific customer requirements. Ensuring that the right specifications are in place to make sure that the required parts arrive at the right place on time. Naturally, you will take legislation and regulations into account and continuously think about process improvements and innovations. As a Mechanical Engineer, you are at the heart of the company and work together with Project management, Sales, Production and R&D.
• Independently design and engineer customer specific requests for our HPGR or pumps, every machine construction is unique;
• coordinating within the team to make sure the different units connect well with each other;
• detailing drawings at part level and take care of outsourcing detailed work to third parties;
• actively participate in the continuous improvement of our products and processes.
• take laws and regulations into account in the country that affect the requirements of the machines;
• providing input for FEM calculations, check these and make the composition with the relevant unit;
• releasing of parts, specifying purchase parts and having consults with suppliers;
• supporting other department.